a classic craft. this milk-carton bird feeder has been made many times in many ways. a great way to keep little creative hands busy for an afternoon…the photos are pretty much self-explanatory. the supplies can be found at most dollar stores.
* note: make a hole on both sides of carton and push stick all the way through both holes, so that it is stable and stays in place.
- instead of a clothespeg or paper clip, use a hole-punch and thread the twine or yarn through the hole.
- decorate with stickers, glitter, etc.
- coat with a clear, waterproof paint to make it last longer
- instead of a twig for a perch, use a popsicle stick, straw, stir stick, bamboo skewer, etc.
if you make this, send me a photo and i’ll share your version here.
© imadeitso, 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ana at imadeitso.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.