something from my veggie garden

i am still so very new to this whole gardening thing. can you tell? perhaps my giddy smile gives me away each time i harvest something that i have planted.

a perfect green pepper…

green pepper from my garden

and more to come.

green pepper plant blossoms

what do you think, veteran gardeners? does the thrill of seeing a tiny cluster of green tomatoes or a delicate pea pod hanging there behind the leaves ever really go away?

i’m sharing this post with jami and her readers at an oregon cottage.

This entry was posted in green thumb. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to something from my veggie garden

1. Congratulations – a great green pepper!!

Funny that you asked because I’m out in my garden every day looking at my little green tomatoes & having them pose for pictures. Gardening is good :)

2. I have tomatoes that are growing on the vines and my mouth waters when I see them. I am looking forward to them turning red and being able to harvest. Congrats on your peppers. They look great!

3. Tayla B. says:

I am definitely not a veteran gardener but I have been very excited about the 2 tomatoes we have gotten from our garden this year! hehe ;)

I can imagine your delight … that is one mighty fine green pepper! The blossoms are so beautiful too and full of promise!
    I gave veggie gardening a whirl some years ago and had a run in with squash bugs that really put me off. I did not want to use insecticides (I can buy produce with that on it at the grocery store) … I was too late for hand picking them … I shouldn’t have let them spoil veggie gardening for me … but I did turn to mostly flowers and non edibles after that!
    You GO girl!!!

• iMadeItSo says:

i know what you mean about insecticides and i don’t use them or chemical fertilizers either. half of my lettuce got eaten by earwigs earlier in the season.

5. Oh no, Ana, it never goes away! I’m giddy checking all my “babies” and marvel at the harvests more than 15 years later. :-) And for some reason, peppers still seem such a miracle to me- maybe because it’s hard to grow them to the fully ripe stage (colored) here in the valleys of Oregon- I wanna take a picture of each one! Thanks for sharing at the TGP!

It hasn’t gone away for me!

7. minervasgardenwriter says:

Well done! I am like a little kid in a candy store, but for me the “store” is to walk around the garden first thing in the morning and see what has newly ripened or bloomed!

Athena at Minerva’s Garden

8. Jenny says:

I still check my garden every morning to see what is new. It always amazes me that I can grow stuff!

9. Melinda says:

It’s beautiful! And no – that giddy feeling never goes away! I love the thrill of the harvest and the pride in sharing my bounty! Congratulations!

10. zentMRS says:

I get that feeling too! Every time I use something from my garden! Your peppers look fabulous. Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful pepper! I get very impatient (right about this time of the year) for the first of the fruit and start agonizing the NOTHING will EVER grow and by the end of August I never want to look in the garden again for fear I will have to pick my 150th crookneck or the 10,000th cherry tomato. This cycle happens every year….

12. Ott, A says:

I get very excited everytime something grows quickly in our garden. I’m happy we are starting to harvest potatoes, onions, and green beans in ours. congrats on your pepper.

13. Anne says:

No, it never goes away. Heck, I got excited just seeing the little thumbnail picture of your green pepper over at An oregon Cottage! I usually go out to my garden a few times a day to see how things are coming, wondering whether I’ve missed something. Great blog by the way! Thanks for sharing!

14. iMadeItSo says:

these responses have been fun to read. reassuring and funny. anne, i laughed at the thought of you getting excited over my thumbnail! haha..

thanks for sharing everyone!

15. Rose Gold says:

A perfect green pepper! Nice job on that one! Every time I look in my garden I am always excited to see my little babies growing up, especially when they turn to a ripe one!

16. Healthy green pepper for a newer in gardening! Nice job for you! When I was also new in gardening I usually wait everyday for some plants to grow. Until I have seen my first baby to develop. It makes me feel so happy to see my veggies grow healthy and yummy to eat. Keep up the good work in your garden.