belated weekend in a nutshell…

i got together for a warm and cozy weekend with family, and received some of the most thoughtful gifts ever.

cute buttons made from illustrations in old books and magazines…

spent some time outdoors, on a little trail feeding some birds out of our hands. that was such a fun experience for me. it’s like they say, 2 birds in the hand…

(a chickadee mid-flight, and a wood pecker peeking from behind)

is worth one on the head? something like that :-)

a really nice time, and more to come over the next couple of weeks.

this year is winding down, and it has been such an interesting one for me. through this little space online, i’ve made some wonderful friendships, rekindled old ones, and rediscovered some long lost loves of mine… namely, expressing myself through writing and creating.

and speaking of expressing, i often think it but don’t often say it…sincere thanks to everyone who has come through here, leaving a kind word or comment, a funny thought, sharing an experience, or even reading along without saying a word.

i’m so very excited about the new year ahead, new ideas and endeavours swirling about in my mind (forget visions of sugarplums!). for now, i’m taking some time to enjoy what i have. wishing you all the best in health and happiness, with a sprinkling of inspiration and a splash of bailey’s good humour to carry you into the new year ahead.

see you soon!

This entry was posted in thinking out loud, weekend in a nutshell and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to belated weekend in a nutshell…

1. Best of the season awesome Ana!

2. Staci says:

I love the buttons!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and time off.
    Oh and your blog banner is adorable. :)

3. 'Joyce' says:

oh gosh, I so love handmade gifts. I love gifting them and I love being gifted with them. We have just arrived home from op-shopping this morning and wow, we scored well, really, really well actually. Blessing to you for a wonderful Christmas. I am such a lucky girl to have met you.

Lovely and loving. Happy Winter, Ana!

Hugs Ana. You have given us so many treasures this year: book recommendations, memories, a community, craft ideas, stories, amazing photos and especially a lot of laughs. imadeitso is hands down the best blog I’ve been following in 2010. Thank you for reminding us about the way life is supposed to be. Have an amazing Christmas with your family. Are you gelling a new phone?
    Tara

Happy Happy New Year to you too! Thanks so much for your wonderful blog- I look forward to hearing from you in 2011.

I’m so thrilled you are having a wonderful holiday season with your family!

8. The Dude, a.k.a. Solly says:

From finding uses for quinoa to reading about the rescue and rehabilitation of a well-loved couch, imadeitso.com is the ultimate one-stop-shop. Many thanks to you for writing – keep it up.

The Dude.

9. Shara says:

Enjoy the holiday…I look forward to seeing what you have in store for the New Year, I love your blog & happy to have found it :)

10. emily says:

great photos! chickadees are some of my favorites, they remind me of my childhood because they were constantly at our feeder. i’ve never had one land on my head before! amazing that they weren’t more timid.

i love your blog, i’m so happy to have found it!

11. Estivalia says:

have a great holiday, see you next year! :)

(btw, I look forward to see what you’ll do with that sketchbook and watercolors ;D)

Happy Holidays to you too my neighbour friend.
    I love your early Christmas gifts. They are so thoughtful – are you sure you didn’t go out and buy them for yourself and wrap them up?
    I mean, I’ve never gotten anything that was ‘really me’ – so this is such a treat to see such great creative gifts.
    Awesome shots with the birds! I hear it’s great luck if one poops on you ;) did it?
    xoxo big warm hugs. ella

13. I believe the saying goes “Get two birds stoned at once.” ( Quoted from the Trailer Park Boys).

Merry Christmas awesome Ana
    Love, Camille

two birds in the hand and one a woodpecker WOWEE…Canadian birds are very friendly :)

I believe a bird on the head is good luck too :)

It certainly has been my pleasure to meet you and get to visit with you … you are such a delight and very inspiring on many levels.

Lots of Love and Joy to you and yours and to our planet!
    ho ho ho
    fa la la

15. the brillo button is funny!

oh, and right back at you!!
    hope 2011 starts out with a bang (a good one).

16. Whitney says:

Happy holidays. :)

17. Lindsay Ann says:

That little chickadee is so bold! I should take a picture from his book!

We have bunnies all around our apartment – I love waking up and finding fresh bunny tracks.

Love the handmade/art supply gifts and the Birdie photos :) I can’t wait for a fresh new year, clean slate, second-chance…I think I like New Years better than Christmas.

19. Beth Holt says:

What a wonderful post! I love birds and an envious of the gift of having one light on your hand. We just had two days of snow and just about ran out of bird seed. Yes, here in Alabama we had two days of snow, Christmas Day and the day after. And it had snowed only two weeks earlier! Have enjoyed your blog and look forward to more entries. Happy New Year!

20. Sarah says:

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday with your family, Ana! Looking forward to seeing more of your projects and reading along on 2011 :)

21. Those button’s give me warm happy feelings, what a wonderful and inspiring gift :) enjoy the time with loved ones!

22. I was so happy to find your special blog recently and will continue to be a visitor in 2011. I hope its a very special year for you Ana :-)
    Love the bird-hat!!

23. Pingback: 2010 in a nutshell… | i made it so.

24. caren says:

A chickadee on your head! That made me smile so big, and also wish that there was a chickadee on my head. :)
    Happy New Year!