friday archive dive ~ new

archive dive

no hard rules here, just a fun way to give old blog posts a new life… if you have written a post related to this week’s topic below, share the link.

have a good weekend!

© imadeitso, 2011.Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ana at imadeitso.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

This entry was posted in friday archive dive and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to friday archive dive ~ new

This time I chose…New Years Tag. We all have goals :)

Just something I stumbled on once and shared on my blog. I love it and listen to it frequently. LOL Gotta wonder what they’ve been up to lately.

Sorry for the typos – still waking up. ;)

Thanks, I needed to read my own archived post! I just got my edited novel in my inbox. Now to figure out what to do with it so that I can get back to that #2 that I blogged about in 2008!

5. thursday says:

I shared the tale of swapping my brand new (never used) serger for a used and undoubtedly cuter pink model. I should say that this poor thing never gets used either. Sergers scare me!

what did you end up naming her?

i know how you feel. are 4 threads really necessary?! hehe i was scared of my serger (and sewing zippers…and buttonholes). not sure why those things intimidate us so much. do you want a trick? thread with 4 different coloured threads the first time. then just sew away on scrap fabric. you can play around with the tensions and see which knob is responsible for what change in the stitching. you’ll need to set aside a whole night for it though. you can at least enjoy looking at the cute pink serger til then :)

another trick i learned the hard way… when changing threads, instead of pulling out the thread and re-threading the new cones, just snip near the ones that are already threaded (snip near the cone), tie the new colours in, and pull them through the machine. (once the knot reaches the needles, you can snip the thread there and just put it through the needles, i find that faster than rethreading from scratch).

i dream of having a self-threading, self-tensioning babylock serger one day. but i have to sew more to justify that purchase.

I Love how you get me thinking and digging dear Ana!
    About 3 years ago this time I discovered “altered cutlery” after seeing it in a Somerset Studio magazine…little did I know then how it would influence my life…it was something new to me and I have been smitten ever since. Even Mr Magpie gets in the act flattening, bending and punching letters. Sixteen altered cutlery blog posts later…I still want to play with cutlery :)
    Thank you for a great first of the year archive dive

thank you patty for your enthusiasm, and inspiration. your projects are unlike any i’ve seen before. 16 posts on altered cutlery? i wonder what other gems are hidden in your archives, you keep digging up new ones that surprise me.

7. Pingback: Ana’a “friday archive dive” | Magpie's Nest ~*~ Patty Szymkowicz

This is fun to go and read other posts. Where is yours my dear? ;)

here i am, fashionably late as always ;) (about the only thing i do fashionably, but it is what it is)
    oooh…this is a hard one.
    i did a little digging through my archives, and came up with the tale of my oldest daughter’s “new” room. which sent me backwards, thinking about all the lives the little room had had before.
    i liked it. thanks for making me re-read it.

10. i forgot about the last one – i had too much to choose from and then remembered too late. i decided on when we got our new family member. :D

oh and sergers (or overlockers as we say) in theory they are a fantastic idea until you need one in a hurry – for some reason I always seem to need mine in a hurry – and then phoof – nothing!

11. maryanne says:

What a cute idea for a link-up! I attached my upcycling of an old shirt into pajama tops for my son!