one year ago today…

…i sat down in this very same spot at the dining room table, set up a wordpress account and wrote my first post.

cupcake candle 1 year blogging

(so uh…did you bring me a gift? no? oh. no worries i guess. but there is something you can do for me. please read on…)

to celebrate, i’ve decided to put myself out of my comfort zone. some celebration huh?

well, what i mean is, i’d like to try new things and to put myself out there a little. i love what i do here, and i love what has happened since that time i first clicked “publish.” the ideas, inspiration and the community that has grown here is amazing. if you enjoy your time here, please consider nominating me for the canadian weblog awards.

2011 Canadian Weblog Awards

it’s a one-time thing, i will not be asking you to vote for me, click this or that or any such nonsense. my understanding is that the nominees are judged by a panel of bloggers and blog enthusiasts. so once the nomination is made, it is out of your hands.

(and to be honest, i’m only asking because i can’t nominate myself. they have ninjas in their url and i think they’d find out!)

the only thing i need from you is a nomination, in whatever categories you feel fit this blog. both canadians and non-canadians are encouraged to send in nominations. the form can be found here.

and well, it’s been a great year and i’m looking forward to what the next year will bring. if you’ve been here before, thanks for being here again. if it’s your first time, i hope you’ll return. we’re a lovely bunch here, you’ll see.

This entry was posted in canadiana, thinking out loud and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to one year ago today…

LOL ninjas

2. heather says:

ninjas, they’ll get you every time! good luck and congrats.

3. Angela says:

Wishing you a very BIG birthday celebration!! Can non-Canadians nominate you??

Done! I can’t believe it has only been 1 year. I just spent a week hanging out with a bunch of amazing twitter friends and it got me thinking about you and me! It’s hard to believe that we still haven’t gotten together. Maybe you should have an imadeitso party.
    I’m giving us a deadline. We WILL get together before June 1. How does that sound?

done and done.
    with pleasure. :o)

….except, i couldn’t find the category “favorite canadian blog read by a non-canadian”?
    hmmm….

yes, you’re right googs, but i think they’re avoiding the controversy that would arise over how to spell the category… “favorite”, or more correctly, “favoUrite.” heheh ;) a battle would brew, things could get messy.

(and thanks so much!)

6. Lindsay Ann says:

HAPPY BLOG-A-BIRTHDAY!! (Oh, and you are nominated)!!

7. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday day to yooooo-ooooou, Happy Birthday to you!!

What a lovely little community you’ve grown here Ana – all the best for the years to come!

8. Janice says:

nominated and good luck! (support all the way from HK :))

..and happy anniversary! :)

9. thursday says:

Congratulations Ana! As for a nomination…. I made it so!

10. Jo Chopra says:

ana, congratulations. You are a phenomenon! I’m filling out the form, but I don’t know your last name or your twitter name or your email address – can you provide all three, please?

11. 'joyce' says:

Count me in. I love visiting here. Oh and happy anniversary to you. Gosh I so love that little cake plate. Did you make? Ninja’s they are certainly out there, I have two little ninja’s of my own. the little karate chopping monkeys they are too. lol. Please let us know how you go. Have a wonderful week at your place.

oh yes, those are the sneakiest of ninjas ;) the results aren’t announced until january 2012, so i’ll try to put it out of my mind and go about my usual business around here. i will keep you posted if i hear anything though. a happy week to you as well!

Congratulations on your first year! You’ve done an amazing job carving out your style on the web in such a short amount of time…

looks like you’re already nominated, so now I need to find how to vote…

hi van, thank you! the reason i decided to go for this particular blog award is because it is not based on number of votes, but it is judged by a panel instead. so nominations are welcome by all readers (you can choose from a long list of categories, i know my blog encompasses a few), and then once the nominations are in, the blog is judged on certain criteria laid out by the panel. i kind of like that, once the nomination is done it’s out of our hands and i can go about doing what i love to do here (and not pestering you all for votes!) :)

Happy Blog Birthday!

Ooohh I am so late in commenting on this ;)
    Happy blog birthday!
    Since you can’t nominate yourself – – why not nominate me!
    lol. just kidding. but seriously you could. no just kidding….. ;D
    but seriously just do it!
    xo

15. Ann says:

Happy-Happy! It was my pleasure to nominate your blog, as you are doing a more than fabulous job with it.

16. Halima says:

This is a little delayed – *HAPPY BLOGERVERSARY*
    Only one year and you’ve done an amazing job – and I know there’s even more to come. YOU ROCK! :)
    The nomination is in – keep us posted for the results.

17. Pingback: a new year, a few thoughts, plus an announcement… | i made it so.

18. Pingback: comfort zone (and an announcement) | i made it so.